St. Dominick church
At the beginning this church was annexed to the dominican cloister and was built in 1313.
In 1405 the cloister was demolished and in return the monks obtained a building near the “Rotonda” with the church of Santa Maria la Grande. The earthquake of 1693 which destroyed Catania made the location unusable. The façade is situated in front of San Domenico square and it is characterized by an artistic fence made of wrought iron. Over the door there is a statue Bernardo Scammacca, made by the sculptor Epifanio Licata.