Teatro Massimo Vincenzo Bellini
The Teatro Massimo Bellini, named after the local-born composer Vincenzo Bellinii, was inaugurated on 31 May 1890 with a performance of the composer's masterwork, Norma It was built after almost two hundred years of discussions caused by some funding problems mostly related to the eartquake of 1693 which completely destroyed Catania.
Meanwhile, a smaller theatre - the "Provisional Municipal Theatre" – was built instead.
During the first decade of 20th century, thanks to Giuseppe Cavallaro, many important operas were played: Rossini’s “William Tell, Mascagni’s “Isabeau” and so on.
Today the art director is Francesco Nicolosi.
Posted in The 10 best actraction